For those that enjoy a bit of sweet with their savory and spicy flavors, this dip is a filling and tasty concoction of cheese, cream cheese, pineapple and bacon. Be sure to serve with a spicy jalapeno chip for extra flavor. The dip and the chip compliment each other very well. Enjoy!
Cheesy Pineapple Bacon Dip with Jalapeno Chips
Makes about 8 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple, do not drain (tidbits also work fine, do not drain)
- 1 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped bacon, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- jalapeno kettle style chips for dipping
- Heat oven to 350-f degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, pineapple (including juice), 3/4 cup jack cheese, 1/4 cup green onions, red onions, 2/3 cup bacon and garlic together until well combined. Pour into 7x5-inch oven-safe dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese, green onion and bacon on top and bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with kettle style jalapeno chips.
Recipe from Hungry Harps.