This is a great recipe that is total comfort food. Not only that, but it tends to use up a lot of odds and ends that are in the fridge. I expected my kids to be picky about this, but they both tried it and loved it. I got the idea for this on a food forum on what to do with leftover macaroni and cheese. The gal called it "Little Angel Casserole," so I continued on with that name.
Busch's makes a variety of baked beans that can slightly change how this dish ends up tasting. You can go with a traditional baked bean, or jazz it up with the onion style or maple cured bacon. Enjoy!
Little Angel Casserole (Idea for Leftover Macaroni and Cheese)
Makes about 6 servings
- 2-3 cups leftover macaroni and cheese
- 1 small can beans or about 1/2 large can of beans, use your favorite style (We love Busch's brand, they have a nice variety of flavors)
- 3 hot dogs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees. Lightly spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Reheating the macaroni makes it a bit easier to work with. In a microwave proof mixing bowl, reheat the leftover macaroni with about 1 tsp. of water. Stir well.
- Add the beans and hot dogs to the macaroni. Stir well. Pour the macaroni mixture into the casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and let bake another 5-10 minutes.
Recipe by Jam Hands. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.