The flavor and texture of these little cookies is fantastic. Tender and soft with a ton of sweet butterscotch flavor. If you love butterscotch these are the cookies for you. Be warned, they are addictive!
Many thanks to Chelsea's Messy Apron for the recipe. Is was an instant favorite at our house. Enjoy!
Soft Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen (It might've been 18, I forgot to count)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butterscotch pudding mix, dry
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy or about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mix, flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Stir and then slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop large bits of dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. By slightly under-baking the cookies, they will remain very soft and chewy. So pull them out slightly under-baked and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Recipe from Chelsea's Messy Apron. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.