We used Monterey Jack, but you can change the cheese if you'd prefer. I would highly suggest grating the cheese yourself, as it lends itself to melted much better than pre-grated cheese sold in a bag. Many thanks to The Southern Lady Cooks for this recipe. Enjoy!
Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake
Makes about 8 servings
- 7 or 8 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (I used onion powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 cups freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese (reserve for topping)
- light sprinkle of Paprika
- Boil the peeled potatoes, drain and mash with the salt, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, pepper, onion flakes and garlic.
- Spread mashed potatoes into a sprayed casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese and paprika.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe from The Southern Lady Cooks. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.