Chewy, cookie bar perfection. I am very picky about cookies and all matter of cookie bars. They have to have just the right chewiness, the right buttery sweet flavor. These are perfect! Cut into sticks or squares and enjoy with a glass of milk. Many thanks to Fearless Homemaker for the recipe.
M&M Cookie Bars
Makes about 24 bars
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12oz bag M&M’s, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325-f degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position. Grease a 9×13-inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in 1 cup of M&M’s and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s on top and press in slightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch and edges start pulling away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe from Fearless Homemaker. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.