Tasty and refreshing. Great for Summer parties as the 'slush' keeps the punch icy and cold. Be sure to give yourself extra time to freeze the punch. I portioned my punch into 4 containers and set it in the freezer for about 12 hours and it was only about half frozen. Plan ahead!
You will need an extra large punch bowl if you make the full recipe. My punch bowl was quite full after adding just one bottle of soda so I had to skip the second bottle. It was a bit more concentrated because of this but everyone loved it regardless. Enjoy!
Strawberry Slush Punch
Makes 50 (4 ounce) servings
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Bring the sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin to a boil in a large saucepan; boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into 2 separate containers and freeze.
- Combine the contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of the lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a punch bowl; stir until slushy. Repeat with remaining portions as needed.
Recipe from Allrecipes. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.