This tasty fruit salad was surprisingly strong on the citrus flavor. It was good, but didn't taste as good as my favorite, Marshmallow Fruit Salad. Perhaps I miss having the soft bits of marshmallow and it a mouth feel sort of thing.
If I made this again I think I would skip adding oranges to it, since it has both zest and a orange juice in it. Having all three to me was overkill and orange was the only flavor I could taste. I might even skip the zest since it was such a potent flavor. I did sub honey for the maple syrup, I'm not sure that played a huge factor in the taste, but wanted to mention it.
Many thanks to the Reluctant Entertainer for this recipe. There are a lot of wonderful looking recipes at her blog, be sure to check it out.
Fresh Fruit Salad & Poppy Seed Dressing
Makes a large bowl, 8-10 servings
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon or orange zest
- 1 Tablespoons fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4-6 cups prepared fresh fruit, such as oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, cut in bite sized pieces
- Prepare the dressing by placing yogurt, maple syrup, zest, lemon juice, and poppy seeds in a bowl and stirring together.
- Pour on prepared fruit and gently mix. Serve.
Recipe from Reluctant Entertainer. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.