These little pinwheels are great party food. I'm hesitant to say 'guy food' because food is food, but the fact is all the guys at the holiday party were going crazy over these. You could add in seasonings if you like but it is delicious just the way it is.
I am not a big fan of crescent dough so next time I would use puff pastry and possibly maple sausage since I have experienced many times the deliciousness that is maple + sausage + cream cheese.
Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Makes about 3-3 1/2 dozen, depending on thickness
- 2 tubes of crescent dough
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and fat drained
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1. Open the tubes of crescent dough and lay out on a piece of parchment paper. Press the seams together so there aren't any large gaps.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage and cream cheese and stir to combine. Add the mixture evenly between the two sheets of crescent dough. Roll up the longer sides into a pinwheel. Wrap tightly in parchment or plastic wrap and chill for an hour or longer.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Slice into 1/2" (slice thinner if you prefer, baking time may be less if thinner) thick pieces and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-14 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool and transfer to a platter.
Recipe from Allrecipes.