For the twelve months I have very selectively been adding recipes to a Pinterest board, my best recipes of 2013. It is hard to believe the year is almost at an end! This Cranberry Eggnog Bread is going on the best of 2013 board and without any hesitation. This has to be one of the best sweet breads I have ever made. The texture, the taste, everything about it was absolutely fantastic.
Many thanks to the wonderful blog, Your Cup of Cake for this recipe. I skipped the glaze only because I used every last drop of eggnog in the bread itself. Enjoy!
Cranberry Eggnog Bread
Makes 1 large loaf
- For the bread:
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. rum flavored extract, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. eggnog
- 2 1/4 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 C. chopped fresh cranberries (I left mine whole, it turned out fine)
- Optional Eggnog Glaze:
- 1/4 C. eggnog
- 1 C. powdered sugar, more if you want a thicker glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350-f degrees and grease a large loaf pan.
2. Cream sugar, pudding mix and butter together until smooth. Add eggs, rum extract and vanilla extract. Stir. Add eggnog & stir.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together. Add to butter/eggnog mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in cranberries and fill loaf pan. Batter will be thick.
4. Bake for 50-80 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean from the center of the bread. Let cool and then remove from pan.
5. Optional Glaze: Whisk eggnog and powdered sugar together and pour over bread! You can use a tooth pick to poke the bread and pour the glaze over the hot bread to let it soak into the cake.
Recipe from Your Cup of Cake.