-Next time around I would add shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese for more flavor, probably 1/3 cup.
-These are best eaten the same day, as refrigerating them tends to make the crescent dough soft.
Jalapeno Chicken Crescent Pinwheels
Makes 16 pinwheels
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted)
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped sliced jalapeno chiles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1. Heat oven to 375°F In small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough until well combined; set aside.
2. Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal. Spread half of cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
3. Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
4. Bake at 375°F for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Recipe from Food.com