This Cranberry Swiss Chicken is a fast and delicious dinner. One of the best parts was that the leftovers were even better.
The original recipe called for using mozzarella cheese, but to me that would have been a bit flavorless. I opted instead for Swiss. If you don't have any white wine on hand, you can substitute chicken broth. I found that the wine gave a lot of great flavor so I try to use it if at all possible. Enjoy!
Cranberry Swiss Chicken
Makes 4 servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a glass baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts into baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Stir together chicken soup and wine; pour over chicken. Sprinkle chicken with stuffing mix and cranberries; drizzle butter over top.
3. Bake in preheated oven until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 45 minutes. I would recommend covering with foil for half of the baking time.
Adapted from Allrecipes. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.