This Creamy Cucumber Salad hits the spot for a refreshing side dish. It's perfect when served with a steak or grilled chicken.
Note: This particular recipe does not call for draining the cucumbers. As such, there will be liquid that releases from the cucumbers to create a sauce. If this bothers you, after peeling and slicing the cucumbers into rounds, lay them out on paper towels. Sprinkle them with a small amount of salt and let them drain for one hour. After letting them drain, take a few papers towels and gently press them onto the cucumbers to pick up more of the moisture. Wipe any salt off the cucumbers and proceed with the recipe.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. white sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, white wine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, dill weed, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Chill several hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Mom's Meals.