This recipe for Shrimp Salad Sandwiches comes from my mom. It doesn't have specific amounts for the ingredients. It is more of a throw it all in a bowl, mix it up, taste it and add the seasonings you like. It is similar to shrimp pasta salads in flavor, but we have omitted the pasta component and serve it on soft sandwich rolls. Enjoy!
Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
Makes several sandwiches
- cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined. If using large shrimp, cut them into bite size chunks
- miracle whip, amount varies, just enough to coat the shrimp
- finely diced celery
- finely diced cucumber, optional
- seasoning to taste (old bay or salt and pepper, or a small pinch of celery seed), optional
- sandwich rolls
- Combine the cooked shrimp, miracle whip, diced celery and cucumber, and seasonings. Let chill in the fridge to let the flavors develop. When ready to serve, cut sandwich rolls in half and scoop a portion of shrimp salad onto each sandwich.
Recipe from my mom.