Today I have a delicious variation on my tried and true Extra Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I have gotten many good reviews from folks that have tried the original recipe. This time around I added a swirl of delicious Nutella. It turned out fantastic. Please, please try this recipe, or the original. They are both incredible.
Note: If you prefer you can warm the Nutella mixture for a few seconds in the microwave. It loosens the spread up a bit and makes it easier to add to the batter. After baking you can serve it plain, with a bit of butter, or my favorite is to add a thin layer of cream cheese.
Extra Moist Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
Makes 12 servings
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large extra ripe banana, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare loaf pan with baking spray or butter.
2. In medium bowl, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. In bowl of stand mixer, combine shortening and sugar. Beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined. Add milk and vanilla, then the mashed bananas, and combine well.
5. With mixer on low, add flour mixture until just combined.
6. Spread half of the batter to the pan. Add dollops of Nutella over all of the batter. Top with remaining batter. Run a knife through the batter in a swirl pattern. Tap the pan on the counter to remove air pockets, and place in oven to bake.
7. Bake loaf in oven for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Check the bread at about 40 minutes and if needed cover it lightly with tin foil to prevent it from getting too brown. Let cool. Run a knife around the edges and transfer to a plate and slice.
Recipe by Jam Hands.