Mexican Street Corn is my new favorite side dish. It is a very simple dish, basically corn is prepared and then rolled in yummy toppings. What isn’t to love? Queso Fresco is a very mild crumbling cheese found in most grocery stores. My Queso Fresco came as a solid round shape but it very easily crumbles into smaller pieces. Enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn
Makes several servings
- 4 large ears corn (Ours were already cut into smaller sections, probably thirds)
- kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 tsp. Ancho chile powder
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400-f degrees. Brush corn lightly with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes. Alternatively you can grill or broil the corn.
2. Working with one ear of corn at a time, brush with mayo. Roll the cob over the cheese and sprinkle with cilangro and Ancho chile powder, pressing the toppings into the corn so it adheres. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Slightly adapted from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice and Saveur. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.