I have found my most favorite fudgy brownie recipe, courtesy of Cookies & Cups, a wonderful dessert blog you should check out when you finish reading this post. What gives these a unique and delicious flavor is the combination of milk and semi sweet chocolate chips that are melted and added to the brownie batter.
The texture was perfection, gooey and delicious. I have held out for a long time used boxed brownie mixes because I never liked a from scratch recipe all that much. Not anymore! This recipe is incredible. Enjoy!
Note: I was out of baking spray for the baking pan, so I lined the pan with parchment paper, with the parchment coming up over the edges so I could easily lift the cooled brownies out of the pan. It worked great. Just be sure to wait to lift the brownies out of the pan until they have cooled.
Perfect Fudgy Brownies
Makes a 9"x13" pan, about 24 servings
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk both sugars into the chocolate mix. Add in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla. Whisk until combined.
4. Stir in flour and salt until evenly incorporated and pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes until center is set and a toothpick placed 2 inches away from edge comes out clean.
6. Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from Cookies & Cups.