If you haven't tried the deliciousness that is the Shamrock Shake from McDonald's, get your butt in the kitchen and make one yourself. An alternative to this recipe would be to use mint chocolate chip ice cream and milk if you don't mind chocolate chips in your shake.
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Mint Extract (start with 1/4, blend and taste, see if you want more flavoring)
- 1/4 teaspoon Green Food Color
- Whipped cream and green sprinkles (optional)
1. Place ice cream, milk, mint extract and green food color in blender; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from She Knows.