I've finally managed to write up the last of our Thanksgiving recipes from this year. This recipe my mom came up with is very easy to make. I was impressed that even with so few ingredients, it was very flavorful but not over the top sweet either. Enjoy!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Makes an 8" x 8" pan
- 4 large sweet potatoes, baked and peeled (if you prefer you can boil them)
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, more if needed to cover completely
1. Mash sweet potatoes. Mix with a pinch of salt and sweetened condensed milk.
2. Bake at 375-f for 20 to 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are hot. Top with marshmallows and return to oven for several minutes until the marshmallows start to brown. Watch carefully so the topping doesn't burn.
Recipe from my mom