This Christmas morning I baked up a pan of these delicious Creme Brulee French Toast that I found at Channeling Contessa. They are sweet and decadent. You can use whatever type of bread you prefer, but I went with a thinly sliced cinnamon swirl bread.
Since these are so sweet, be sure to have savory items to serve with it. We went with cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon. Enjoy!
Creme Brulee French Toast
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8-10 slices of bread (I used a cinnamon swirl)
1. Preheat the oven to 375-F degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with non stick spray or coat with butter. Whisk together the brown sugar and butter until well combined. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
2. In a pie pan or other shallow dish, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt. Coat both sides of the bread slices in the egg mixture. Place the soaked slices on the prepared baking dish over the brown sugar mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops of the bread are golden brown and the sugar is bubbling. Serve immediately while still hot, with the crunchy brown sugar side up.
Recipe from Channeling Contessa