Besides the famous Snowflake Sugar Cookies, another Christmas cookie staple at our house are Kolachky Thumb Print Cookies. They are tender and sweet and one of our favorites. We also make these using an apricot filling but we decided to be lazy this year and only make cherry. Enjoy!
Makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies, depending on thickness
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can Solo fruit filling (we use either cherry or apricot)
- powdered sugar + milk for a thin glaze
1. Beat butter, cream cheese, milk and sugar. Beat in egg yolk. Stir flour and baking powder into butter mixture to make a stiff dough. Chill overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400-f degrees. Roll out dough 1/4" thick. Cut into circles. Place on baking sheet 1" apart. Make indentations and fill with 1 tsp. filling.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool. Glaze with a powdered sugar and milk frosting.
Recipe from Solo (It is on the back of the label of the can of cherry fruit filling as well)