You read the title right folks. Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies! I dedicate this post to Ron Swanson. So anyhow, you may be wondering how these cookies came about. I saw the recipe over at Adorkable Recipes, which by the way is such an amazing title for a food blog, and I immediately pinned them.
Back when I was preggo cravings had driven me to make peanut butter and bacon grilled sandwiches, which were delicious. Putting this in cookie form I knew would work well and I thank Adorkable for her recipe. If you dig salty/sweet combinations of food and aren't scared to try something a bit different, give these a try. I thought they were delicious.
One issue that I have is I tend to make cookies way over sized because I don't like babysitting the oven all evening to make small cookies. So that is the reason my cookies are gigantic and Adorkables are much smaller.
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies Recipe
Makes 3-1/2 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6-8 bacon strips, crisply cooked and crumbled
1. Heat oven to 350-f degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add in the egg and beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in 3 increments to the creamed mixture, stirring after each addition. Mix just until blended. Fold in crispy bacon crumbles. Scoop into tablespoon size balls of dough and place 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool completely on cooling racks.
Recipe from Adorkable Recipes