Alright folks, there two things you need to know about this Chili Frito Corn Salad. First, it is delicious! It is crunchy and a perfect side dish for a gathering. Second, once you add those chips into it, it needs to be eaten right away. You can combine all of the ingredients ahead of time, but just not the chips. Now that we have that squared away, you are set!
Note: If I make this again I am going to use a combination of red and green bell peppers. I think the green would add a little needed color to the dish.
Chili Frito Corn Salad
Makes about 12 servings
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (10½ ounce) bag coarsely crushed Fritos chili cheese corn chips
1. Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving.
Recipe from Paula Deen, seen at The Thrifty Couple