Mushroom Swiss Burgers are one of my favorite comfort meals. This is a simple recipe so you want to take the time to make sure each component tastes good. I picked up Onion rolls, which are the same size and shape as hamburger buns, and toasted them with a little bit of butter so they were warm and delicious.
Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
- 2 cups sliced and washed mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can Campbell's Beefy Mushroom condensed soup
- pepper to taste
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger patties (About 1 lb to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 envelop Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup & Dip Mix
- 4 hamburger buns (I used Onion buns, toasted with butter and warmed through)
1. Mix the Lipton dry soup mix in with your patties. Chill until ready to grill.
2. Saute the mushrooms and butter until tender. Add the can of Beefy Mushroom soup and bring to a simmer. Add pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to add to burgers.
4. Toast the hamburger buns with a small amount of butter until golden brown.
5. When ready to grill, cook the patties until desired doneness and transfer to a plate. Top with Swiss cheese and add to buns. Top cheese with mushroom sauce. Add top bun and serve.
Recipe by Jam Hands.