I think at this point a lot of folks are over on the Pinterest. If you aren't, why the heck not? You should definitely sign up, follow me, and then go browse the food section. That is exactly how I found this gorgeous recipe for Baked Lemon and Thyme Mushrooms by Simple Provisions.
I used fresh thyme growing from the garden. On a side note, I am gonna be pretty bummed out during Winter when you can't just walk outside and get fresh herbs. Anyhow, if you are a mushroom lover, try this one out. It is delicious!
Baked Lemon and Thyme Mushrooms
Makes 2 servings
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F/200C.
2. Zest the lemon, reserving the juice for later. Combine the zest, thyme and enough olive oil to make the mixture pourable in a bowl. Clean and slice the mushrooms and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with half the olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the parmesan over the mushrooms and return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is lovely and golden.Drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture and some lemon juice (to taste) over the mushrooms.
Recipe from Simple Provisions