If you are a spinach lover and haven't tried creamed spinach before, now is the time! It is comforting and so tasty, the perfect side dish to a home cooked meal. I haven't had Boston Market creamed spinach before, so I can't vouch for how close it is that, but I do know that it is extremely delicious. Enjoy!
Note: I happened to have a large bag of fresh spinach so I used that instead. My ratio of cheese sauce to spinach is a little heavy on the sauce side. Normally there would be more greens in there, but I was using what I had in the fridge.
Boston Market Creamed Spinach
Makes 8 servings
- 5 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt 3 Tbls butter.
2. Stir flour and salt into pan until creamed together.
3. Slowly stir in cream, then stir in cream cheese, increase heat to medium.
4. Constantly whisk until mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in remaining butter until transparent.
6. Add spinach and water to pan, reduce heat to low, cover.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
8. Stir prepared sauce and Parmesan cheese into pan, stir until completely blended.
Recipe from Food.com