I came across the original recipe from Trisha at My Hobbie Lobbie while participating in a fun little foodie event, the Secret Recipe Club, hosted by the great Amanda's Cookin'. The idea of it is you are assigned a fellow food blogger each month, it is kept a secret of course, and you go to their food blog and pick a recipe (or more) to make. On the assigned date, everyone posts their creations and you go and visit and see all the goodies that were made. Sort of like a secret Santa, right?
My Hobbie Lobbie , who lives in India. Isn't it cool that we bloggers can live so far apart yet be connected via the recipes we share with each other? I think that is the coolest! Trisha had a great selection of recipes for me to choose from. I considered Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cheese Pound Cake. In the end I decided to go the savory route when I saw her recipe for Chicken Mayo Sandwiches.
Makes several servings
- Leftover chicken breast & thighs, cut up into pieces or pull apart with your hands into bite sized pieces
- spoonful mayo
- spoonful miracle whip
- spoonful barbecue sauce
- spring salad mix, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- tomato slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices good quality bread
1. In a mixing bowl combine the chicken pieces, mayo, miracle whip and barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine. Set aside.
2. Chop the salad mix into small pieces. Mix gently with chicken mixture and sliced green onions. Add chicken mixture to one slice of bread. Lay out tomato slices on other slice of bread, adding salt and pepper to the tomatoes to season. Combine both slices and serve.
Source: Adapted from My Hobbie Lobbie