Let me introduce you to my favorite cookie recipe ever. No exaggerations, this is the one. I am a coconut lover and this hits just the perfect balance of chewiness, sweetness and coconutiness (not a word, I know).
Try this recipe out soon, it is amazing. Many thanks to Mel's Kitchen for this recipe.
Oatmeal Coconut Chewies
Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to cool room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup quick oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl cream together the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or lined (silpat or parchment) baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, until the cookies are set but not overly browned (bake a few minutes longer for a crispier version).
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe