- 3/4 pound prosciutto, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 5-8 slices good quality Italian or white bread
- Good olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Favorite bottle of Caesar dressing
1. Cut the prosciutto into 1/2-inch cubes and cook it in a skillet over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels and drain.
2. Cut or tear the white bread into bite sized pieces. Drizzle a saute pan with olive oil (a few tablespoons) and a dab of butter heat over medium heat. Add the pieces of bread and stir to coat with olive oil. Stir occasionally, until slightly browned. Set aside
3. Wash the lettuce leaves carefully and spin-dry in a salad spinner. Stack the leaves on a cutting board and cut them crosswise into 1 1/2-inch slices. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add Caesar dressing, enough to lightly coat lettuce. Add croutons, tomatoes, fresh Parmesan and prosciutto. Enjoy!
Adapted from a recipe found in Barefoot Contessa Parties!