Take 1 stick of softened butter and 1/2 cup cranberry sauce. Combine and store in the fridge for up to a week or so. Serve with crusty french bread or English muffins.
Recipe from Martha Stewart
Monday, October 18, 2010
Makes 6 Servings (1 1/2 cups each)
8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
1 chopped medium onion
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef, celery and onions over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
3. Stir in cooked pasta, and all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Adapted from a recipe by Pillsbury
Monday, October 11, 2010
Radishes with Herb Butter and Salt
2 bunches radishes with the tops intact
Good salted butter or Herb Butter, recipe follows
1 French baguette, sliced diagonally, and lightly toasted
1. Arrange the radishes on a bed of sea salt. Spread the butter on slices of toasted bread and arrange artfully on a platter. Serve at room temperature.
1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons minced scallions
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
2. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed until combined. Do not whip.
Recipes from Ina Garten
Friday, October 8, 2010
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
1 Extra big tube of chocolate chip cookie dough (I just got the biggest one the supermarket had)
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1. Add all ingredients to a large Ziploc bag. Squish until combined. Cut off a corner of the bag and squeeze out dollops of dough onto cookie sheet, spacing them two inches apart. Bake at 350-F degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.