Swiss and Bacon Dip
Makes many servings
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 2 rounded teaspoons horseradish (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Baby carrots and a selection of breads or crackers for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish (if using), Swiss cheese, and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with chopped smoked almonds. Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.
Recipe from Susi's Kochen Und Backen Adventures