In honor of Pi Day, I set out to create a pie that worked for Saint Patrick's Day as well, and came upon this recipe for Frozen Pistachio Pie. If you are a pistachio lover like me, I hope you enjoy this.
Makes 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cartons (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed (2 cups set aside)
- 1 bag toffee bits
1. In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in 2 cups whipped cream/ cool whip. Pour over crust. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with toffee bits.Serve
Adapted from Taste of Home