I was a bit skeptical about cooking Corned Beef in the slow cooker, but it turned out great. All of the side veggies tasted delicious, and the corned beef was perfect. Serve this with your favorite bread, I recommend Beer Bread.
Crock Pot Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 corned beef brisket
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 medium carrots, pared, and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled, and cut into eighths
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into chunks
1. Place all ingredients in a large crock pot (cut meat in half if necessary); stir to mix.
2. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
3. Remove meat and vegetables and some of the cooking liquid.
4. Slice meat thinly across the grain.
5. Serve with vegetables and some of the liquid.
Recipe from Recipezaar