This is probably the most basic broccoli salad at Jam Hands. No seeds, no grapes, no dried cranberries. Just the basics. For my salad, it was pretty light on the actual dressing, so if you like a more saturated broccoli salad I would bump up the dressing recipe. Enjoy!
Bodacious Broccoli Salad
Makes 12 servings
- 8 slices bacon (I have used good quality pre-cooked bacon pieces with great success)
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com