I can't rave enough about this delicious broccoli salad. It is completely bad to the bone -- in a good way. Tangy, sweet and crunchy, a delicious combination.
Bodacious Broccoli Salad
Makes 12 servings
- 8 slices bacon (I have used good quality pre-cooked bacon pieces with great success)
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
3. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.