Talk about taking my time. I made these Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps several years ago during the football season and I'm just now posting them. Sheesh!
These are a simple and delicious appetizer. Perhaps a bit less chili powder and I'd be more of a fan. Either way, they'd be a tasty addition to your next party or family get together.
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
Makes 12-15 wraps
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Source: Paula Deen and The Food Network