Next time I would add some sliced jalapenos in with the chicken mixture for some extra heat.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Makes 6-8 servings
- One 10¾ oz. can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
- 8 oz light sour cream
- 1 cup Pace picante sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Ten 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed and mixed w/ a little sour cream and picante sauce (quick guacamole)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, stir 1 cup of the sauce mixture with the chicken & 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Spread about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side-down in prepared dish. Scoop remaining sauce over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place sprayed-side-down on enchiladas and cover tightly.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top individual servings with tomato and onion. Add a dollop of guacamole, if desired.
Recipe from Recipegirl.com