Vintage Victuals is a great food blog with ultra comforting recipes. Whilst trolling through the archives, I came across her recipe for a Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake. Ultra yum.
I added half a package of sliced mushrooms and subbed a can of cream of celery for the mushroom soup, only because I wanted to use what I had on hand rather than buying more ingredients. The result was extremely delicious and became and instant favorite for our house.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 head broccoli, washed and separated into florettes
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and separated into florettes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (light version works too)
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat sour cream or no-fat plain yogurt also work)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange broccoli and cauliflower in a greased 9 x 9 casserole dish or a 9" pie dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together condensed soup and sour cream. Pour this mixture over your veggies. Sprinkle with parmigiano reggiano cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender and sauce begins to turn golden brown.
Recipe from Vintage Victuals