I had this delicious fruit salad a lot growing up. A typical 5 Cup Fruit Salad is very similar, but this fruit salad utilizes fresh strawberries and bananas, and omits the coconut. Totally delicious and comforting.
I am using my best guess on amounts for this recipe. Please use your best judgment and increase or decrease the fruit amounts listed to suit your tastes.
Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Makes 8-12 servings
- 1 large can pineapple tidbits - drained
- 2 small cans mandarin oranges - drained
- 2 large sliced bananas (optional, if you want it to keep longer leave them out)
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 1 small container sour cream (8 oz)
Note: You can use more or less than a package. It all depends on how much you love mallows.
1. Mix all ingredients and let it sit in the fridge for a short while so flavors can develop.
Recipe from my mom. Posted at Sweet As Sugar Cookies.