This recipe is the perfect balance of tastiness and time saving. Utilizing a roaster chicken saves you time without losing any flavor. My mom has been making this recipe for a long time, but I added the puff pastry after seeing it once on tv. Totally delicious, quick and easy. Enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry
Makes two pies - Serves 8-12
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 8 oz container sour cream
- Hungarian paprika, to taste (I usually add about 1 tsp or more)
- 1 bag mixed veggies (Corn, peas and carrots)
- 1 roaster chicken, pieces of meat removed and set aside
- Cut each puff pastry into strips, and make into two lattices. Brush with an egg wash and bake @ approx. 405-f degrees until browned. Let cool on the pan.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream of celery. Add sour cream and hungarian paprika to taste. Mix with frozen veggies. Add roasted chicken and mix. Pour into two pie plates, or a 9"x13" pan. Cook until heated through at approx. 350-f degrees, about 30 minutes.
- Once done, add your cooled puff pastry to the top and serve.
Recipe from my mom.