The Culinary Sherpas. What I instantly was in love with was their cooking videos. And to be totally honest, I also loved all the tattoos. The site isn't pretentious, or puffed up to sound ultra "foodie." Real people, real food, and you can really learn a lot if you pay attention. Check em out!
I watched a great video at The Culinary Sherpas featuring Crazy-Addictive Diner Sliders. They truly are addictive!
Crazy-Addictive Diner Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
2 lbs ground chuck (not sirloin, not 80% lean, just plain old ground chuck)
1 sweet onion, sliced thin (use a mandolin, if you have one)
12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
12 potato rolls
1 tbsp canola oil
sea or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the canola oil and the onions. Saute the onions until just starting to brown, then set aside to cool.
2. Form the ground chuck into 12 equal sized balls and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat (cast iron is non-negotiable) and place the balls into the skillet. You should hear a loud instant sizzle. If you do not, pull those bad boys back out and wait for the pan to be hot enough.
4. Top each ball with sauteed onion, season with salt and pepper, and mash the ball flat with a spatula. After 2 minutes, turn the sliders over preserving the onions as you flip, mash flat with the spatula and cook for 2 minutes longer.
5. Carefully remove the sliders from the skillet, so that you don’t lose the onions, and place inside of the potato rolls.
6. Top each slider with the cheddar cheese, place on a baking sheet, and heat in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese and crisp the rolls. Remove from oven and enjoy
Recipe from The Culinary Sherpas