In my opinion, the key to great pizza is the dough. We buy our dough from Papa Murphys. It comes already rolled out, it is the 14" size, and is only $3! Compare this to pre-baked dough, which can run upwards of $6, and dough from a can, which is just gross.
When you get your dough, it may need to be 'proofed', which just means it may need to rise. The longer you allow your dough to sit out and proof, the thicker the crust will be. I make my pizzas within a half hour to an hour of buying them, and I think the dough is just perfect. Not too thin, not too thick, just right.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 large pizza dough, rolled out
- 2 cups chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1/3-1/2 cup pesto
- 1/8-1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup 5-Italian blend shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450-f degrees. Place dough on pizza pan.
2. Mix chicken and pesto. Add chicken to pizza, leaving 1 inch border around pizza.
3. Sprinkle sun dried tomatoes over pizza. Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
4. With your fingers or a basting brush, apply light layer of olive oil to 1 inch border around pizza.
5. Cook for 18-22 minutes, until crust is browned and dough is cooked through. (All ovens vary, use your best judgement) Let sit 5 minutes then cut.