Allow me to gloat for a minute. I made this recipe a few weeks back, and it was so freaking delicious! I've never had Chicken Parmesan that good before. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Garlicky Chicken Parmesan
4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness
1 box garlic croutons (my best estimate), finely crushed or pulverized in a food processor
1/2 cup shredded cheese, Italian blend (mine had 5 kinds of cheese)
4 thick slices of mozzarella cheese (or just use extra cheese from your Italian blend)
1-2 eggs, beaten
1 lb pasta, angel hair or spaghetti
1 jar marinara or spaghetti sauce, your favorite brand
vegetable oil, for cooking chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Lightly spray bottom of 9"x13" casserole dish. Pour marinara sauce into bottom casserole dish.
2. If not done already, pound chicken between two sheets of wax, parchment or plastic wrap, until 1/2" thick or less.
3. In a large dish, combine the crushed croutons and the cheese. Set aside. In another bowl, add the beaten eggs. Line these two bowls up next to your 9x13" casserole pan. Prepare to dip the chicken!
4. Dip chicken in egg, then in croutons, pressing the chicken firmly down to get crumbs to adhere. Lightly shake off excess crumbs.
5. Heat a saute pan to med-high. Cook chicken pieces until browned, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set browned chicken breasts on top of marinara sauce. Repeat until all chicken breasts are coated.
6. Top chicken pieces with 1 thick slice of mozzarella cheese. Put into heated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is browned and chicken is cooked through.
7. While the chicken is cooking, prepare your spaghetti. Cook according to box directions. Serve alongside the chicken and marinara sauce.
Recipe by me