Funky Chicken and Sesame Noodles
Posted by Ali
Funky Chicken with Sesame Noodles
1 lb angel hair
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup sugar
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sesame seeds (or more)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
sesame or vegetable oil, for sauteing
1. Sesame noodles: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
2. In a jar, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and the sugar. Shake until well blended and the sugar has dissolved. Pour this over the pasta. Toss with scallions and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Set aside while you marinate and then cook the chicken.
3. Funkying the chicken: In a bowl mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, brown sugar and the ginger.
Make sure the sugar has pretty much dissolved. Add the chicken, making sure it's all coated with the sauce. Cover and stick in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and toss out the marinade left at the bottom of the bowl.
5. Heat the sesame oil or vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the chicken in batches and saute for about 10 minutes, or until done, adding more sesame oil as needed. Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool slightly.
6. Slice the chicken diagonally into thin strips. Serve the chicken over the sesame noodles.
Recipe from Recipezaar